NOTE: Head Circumference over 26" will be a tight fit "depending on shape" , please see below chart on how to measure.
Made out of Tyvek 1460C or "spunbonded Olefin" ultra soft material that blocks 98% of the sun's ultraviolet rays, is tear resistant, water resistant, and breathable. Its high durability to weight ratio makes it a great choice for the v2 B.O.B. Poncho.
The v2 B.O.B. Poncho is a unique design that I developed that has wings as I call it, it also takes elements from the tried and true rectangular poncho. Let me explain the reasons for the wings. The wings allow the poncho to drape down further on your arm to provide better arm coverage without the extra material of a large rectangular design. This cut also provides a better fit and less bulk when wearing it.
However there is some costs to this design. Part of the main body of the poncho will be narrower then the typical rectangular design. This will obviously affect Ariel coverage if used as a tarp, but it does not make it useless as you can set up many other effective ground shelters.
There is two variants of the v2 Poncho, the first is a uncoated or non aluminized version, the second will be a coated or aluminized version, this version will be better suited for colder areas as it will have the ability to reflect some of your radiant body heat back onto you.
The v2 B.O.B. Poncho is designed to be light weight, breathable, portable and will keep you dry in the rainiest weather. It is flexible as It can be used as a poncho, ground sheet, or emergency shelter.
- Draw string hood
- Five button snaps on each side
- Total of 10 grommet holes, one in each corner, one in center, two on each wing
- Zip collar with Velcro weather flap for added protection
- All seams taped and sealed
- The double snap configuration allows multiple ponchos to snap together for an improvised shelter.
- Internal draw string to help manage the slack or tenting of the poncho.
- Storage bag
- Green outer color, white or reflective inside depending on variant, could be reversed depending on your environment.
- Comes with 4 elastic tie out ends
Easy to pack and very light. This is a must for any Emergency or Backpacking kit.
49.5(64" wing)*93.5” (125.7* '162.5" wing' * 237.5cm) Laid out flat / tarp
64*46.75*” (162.5*119cm) Poncho
8*5.5*2.5*” (20.3*13.9*6.35cm) Packed approx., depending on how it is packed.
weight 11.1oz (308g) without storage sack
Comparisons of the v1 to the v2 B.O.B. Poncho
Length flat: 90"
Width "narrowest": n/a
Width "widest": 64"
Weight (non reflective): 311g
Weight (reflective): n/a
Coverage area (sq ft): 40.0 ft
Length flat: 93.5"
Width "narrowest": 49.5"
Width "widest": 64"
Weight (non reflective): 308g
Weight (reflective): 308g
Coverage area (sq ft): 36.8ft
- internal draw string to take up slack / trap heat
- larger head hole
- less Velcro on zipper flap
- longer water resistant zipper with dual pull slide
- winged cut for better arm coverage and fit without the bulk
- longer by 3.5" or 1.75" each side when wearing as poncho
- option for reflective or non reflective version
- comes with four elastic tie outs
Note: The B.O.B. Poncho is partly designed around the rectangular military design. It is not a replica and if you are looking for a replica of the Military Poncho to pair up with your old Military Poncho, this is not it.